Tuesday, February 28, 2006

From The Past

I started this little wordless story called "The Magic Puddle" a few years ago. The boy was supposed to fall into a strange world underwater after jumping into the puddle, but I never finished it. Typical of me, I started finding things I didn't like about the drawings, and lost the creative flow. Perfect is the enemy of good right? Looking back on this though, it does hold a little spark that I missed by being too hard on myself. Sorry for the load time on this:

THE MAGIC PUDDLE (unfinished)








9 comments:

Kactiguy said...

What!? I want to see more! You can't just leave us all hanging there. It looks cute. You really should finish it. I know how hard personal projects are to finish too. You just need a big ole deadline to push you along and maybe a big wad of cash would help too.

Dave James said...

Fun story Paige and great illustrations. I would pursue it more. Even if you go a different direction. A magic puddle is very original.

Anette Heiberg said...

I love this story Paige! You should finish it. I love the colors and the magic.
www.wynlen.no

roz said...

yea, way too hard on yourself. This is adorable. I'd keep at it for sure.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else you really should finnish it! My kids really liked what you have posted here and asked where the rest were! LOL

Anonymous said...

Paige, this is really lovely! I wouldn't abandon it at all. It's a wonderful concept and already makes a very nice portfolio piece/start to a toddler book dummy. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Paige Keiser said...

Thanks for the encouragement you guys! I think if I did do something like this it would be in dummy form (bw pencil) - time is money lately, so I can't afford to do the whole thing in color. Now if I could get a publisher to give me an advance...hmmm...

:0D
p.s. artsy momma, thanks for the feedback from your kids, I'm so glad they liked it!

janee said...

Oh gosh, Paige. I think this is fab! Revisit this one for sure!

Ginger*:) said...

Enchanting, certainly worth finishing, and something I want to buy when you get it published.