Friday, February 03, 2006

Emma and Dad



My sis-in-law sent this adorable photo today and I just loved the body language between my brother (Emma's Da') and Emma. I HAD to illustrate it! It's now after 2am, and I have an early morning tomorrow, but it was worth it to burn a little midnight oil and finish it up. This is also a good example of how to use a reference photo. Cutting out the extra, and leaving the essence of the idea. So here is the photo of my niece, with the illustration beside it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh!! This is sooo sweet!! beautiful illo!! Priceless and precious!

Anonymous said...

I think you improved on the photo, as cute as it is. Well done, Paige.

roz said...

Paige , how charming...your illustration and the real picture. Very touching!

Ginger*:) said...

I really like the way you brought the life of this wonderful photo into your painting.
As always it is a joy to "watch" you work!

Mad Guru said...

Thanks for including the photo. Seeing what inspired you and then how you broke it down to the essentials is really cool!

Anonymous said...

I think that's beautiful.