Sunday, March 19, 2006

Jumping Bed Sketch

Bed-Jumping
This sketch is quite a bit different than the one I initially scanned into the computer. I moved things around a lot in photoshop, particularly the three boys. I really wanted them to look poetic in the air, and to have a good visual flow between them. Photoshop is great for picking up a part of the drawing and moving it about to quickly find what's best. The resizing option is a Godsend too. I finished with a little air-brush shading to get a feel for where I would like to put shadows.

4 comments:

janee said...

Love, love, LOVE the perspective on this one, Paige!

Ginger*:) said...

What a wonderful concept. The point of view is amazing. Now, children, don't try this at home! (unless you have some left over Pixie dust...)
I use Painter for the same reasons you use photoshop. I like to resize and move elements around until I get everything and everyone in the right place.

Paige Keiser said...

Thanks Janee!

Hi Ginger, isn't the digital age wonderful for us artists? So much time an energy saved that way. Saved so we can do MORE drawings :-)

Willie Baronet said...

Paige, you MUST be a children's book illustrator? Enjoyed star gazing but my fav is the bouncing bed. Hilarious!