Saturday, March 18, 2006
Top Ten Things I Learned From This Piece:
10. I can, once every blue moon, like my own work
09. Ink smears when you accidentally run your hand over it (notice big blotch slightly right of boy's head)
08. Thumbnail sketches really work - God Bless 'em!
07. Dip pen and ink really does add a lot of character to the line. Prefer that now over technical pen.
06. I'm taking a break from drawing rosy red cheeks on kids.
05. I rediscovered Uri Shulevitz while desperately looking for rain illustration references
04. Painting stage is much easier the stronger the drawing is. If the painting is effortless, then that's a good sign the drawing will be successful
03. Did I mention thumbnail sketches? Oh yes I did. Well I'll say it again. They work!
02. Oh crap it's almost 2am. Time flies when you're drawing
01. It's possible to almost fall asleep while blogging...