Saturday, November 03, 2007

Revenge Of The Blob



Today started out like any other day. Little did I know what lurked in the dusty corners of my art studio. I was working on a mini-book to test out some images for a new manuscript (I've finished the dummy of the previous story and am waiting for an updated operating system to scan it all in). Alls it took was a quick, thoughtless flick of the wrist to have the entire contents of my Higgins Black Magic Ink spill all over my hands, desk, rug, pajamas and drawing. At least it wasn't something I had spent days on. But still, I was not happy. One bit of humor did keep me from getting too annoyed. The boy seems to be smiling and looking right at the blob. "Hi Blob, it's so nice to see you again," said Henry. There we go, I'll run with that as a new direction for the story. Then I don't have to redraw anything.

6 comments:

ElizT said...

I know who caused your ink to spill, it was that pesky cat from the little video!

June said...

I have ink stains on my studio floor too! You will be finding new spots of ink for weeks to come... walls, slippers, favourite pencil...
Glad it wasn't final artwork that got ruined.

Gina Perry said...

Oh, dear. That boy does seem to be happy to see the blob. On another note, I really love that top left sketch. It almost looks finished in that 'Quentin Blake' loose sort of way. Very sweet.

Mary Beth said...

The shadow of something really good standing outside his window?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your blob.. .but you had me chuckling over the kid looking at it. You have such a good spirit!

John Nez said...

That's funny... a new direction for the story! Who knows, it could be a terrific idea... the "Blob" who came to visit!

Hey... congratulations on that new bicycle! I hope it works out well for you... I know that no day is complete without a bike ride for me.

I always bring along a canvas shopping bag, with the straps wrapped around the handlebar, for errands. I find if you wrap it around 4 or 5 times it's quite secure and easy to carry small things that way.

Good luck!