Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hallelujah!......ouch...


Sorry for the lack of posts lately, it's been literally raining assignments. In fact I don't think I've ever had my schedule packed this tight. I can feel slight twinges and aches in my wrists and fingers, so I'm trying my best to spread out my schedule as much as possible.

I really need to work on my posture when sitting at my desk. It's so easy to get lost in what you're doing and not realize you're sitting in a pretzel type position, hunched over, with your arms and elbows in odd angels to avoid various reference materials strewn throughout the desk. My thought is that if I want to do this for a long time I'd better treat my body better. Speaking of which, all this typing was probably not a good idea. Time to ice my hands.

Above is a color sketch to test out some things for a current assignment.

7 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

It's a wonderful thing that you have all this work Paige, but it's true sometimes is important to take it a bit slow. The posture thing is a big problem for me too. My posture when working is just awful.... and of course my back always hurts afterwards.

This is a sketch? It looks amazing.. Love the colors and the fact that the kitty and him kind of look a like. Don't you think? Love this :o)

Alicia Padrón said...

(when you have an isty bit of time, go visit my blog, there is something you have to see :o) )

Phyllis Harris said...

Congrats on all the new work! But yes, do take care of yourself because we want to keep you in this biz for a long time!

When I get busy, I have to FORCE myself to take breaks to stretch my back and hands and exercise. When I don't, I pay for it big time!

Love your color study...it sure looks like a final to me! :o) Beautiful warm and inviting colors!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Paige, I have tagged you for a meme...I love your blog and thought it would be fun !! http://nancylefko.blogspot.com/2007/11/ive-been-tagged.html

Nancy

Mary Beth said...

I love the colors you used - I agree with Phyllis - so warm and inviting.

Paige Keiser said...

Thanks very much gals! :-)

Cool Nancy, I'll check it out! Thanks!

Paula Bowles said...

So glad you're a busy bee! and not surprising, your work is lovely just great!

I agree on the posture thing! I'd love to have a proper drawing board where I can either sit on a stool or stand at the desk...