Thursday, March 05, 2009

It's Been Too Long!


Wow, an entire month without Fox posts!  Definitely not my usual style, but sometimes life throws curve balls and you have to take a break.  I have to say, I've never caught flu bugs and colds so many times in one year before.  From what I've read though, I'm not surprised, as I'm in a care-taker's roll and that is a constant strain on the immune system.  They're not kidding!  I'm going to try to get my exercise routine going again so I can give the ol' immune system a boost.  

I'll also be catching up on emails this week so if you haven't heard from me I have not forgotten you!

Let's see, currently I'm working on three books.  One is Baby Moose Visits for Dutton - I'm waiting on responses for the thumbnail sketches (that I posted here earlier), Raj The Bookstore Tiger for Charlesbridge is in sketching phase part 2 and Wow It's a Cow for Scholastic (my first lift-the-flap book, hooray!) is in sketching phase as well.  

On the writing side of things, I've submitted summaries for eleven of my manuscripts to an editor that as shown interest in me as an author/illustrator!  These are stories I wrote for fun over the last eight years or so.  I guess they are finally seeing the light of day!  Haha.  

Thanks so much to my very talented friend Ginger for pointing out the listing of Little Green Pea in Publishers Weekly!  I would never have known otherwise, so I very much appreciate that!  Green Pea is being release April 4th for anyone interested.  From what I've heard, I will be receiving copies of the books in late March--my very first trade book, so I can't wait!!

Lots going on both professionally and personally, but I think I'm back in the groove of posting on regular basis.  

Till next time!  Keep drawing, and practicing (that's what I'm gonna do) ---I'll leave you with a character sketch of the star cow in Wow It's a Cow!

11 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

yay! so glad your back!! cute cow and lots of exciting new here!!

Jess said...

Hi Paige, great news on all your success lately! I love your galloping cow, so free and springlike! :)x

Ginger*:) said...

Welcome back to the pack. Nice to see you up and sketching and stretching and creating the illustrations we love to see!

HUGE congratulations on all the wonderful news!

Phyllis Harris said...

Wow!! I didn't know you got another book!?! And a lift--the-flap book! That's awesome, Paige!!!! Especially right now. Pretty amazing that your career is thriving during a recession! Just think what it will do in good times?
CONGRATULATIONS girly!

Very cute cow, btw. :o) And yes, I have missed your posts so welcome back and I pray you stay well now.

Phyllis Harris said...

Wow! I didn't know you got another book, and a lift-a-flap book!?! That's awesome! It's so fantastic that your career is going so well even in this recession time! Just think what it will do in good economic times?!

Congratulations girly!

Oh and very cute cow, btw. :o)

Phyllis Harris said...

Sorry for the double, or now, triple post but blogger said it didn't work the first time....oh well...

Anonymous said...

Great cow Paige!! Congratulations on adding another book to illustrate and good luck with the manuscripts! I'm keeping an eye out for Little Green Pea...

Mia Charro said...

Great work! your illos are allways beautiful. Good luck with your new proyects!

BLUEANGLER said...

Congratulations! Drink green tea will give you strong immune system! : )

Alicia Padrón said...

Holy Cow is what I say!!!!! :o)
Congratulations many, many congratulations Paige!!!!

You surely deserve all this success!!!:o)

Paige Keiser said...

Thanks so much! I'm on cloud nine right now :-D