Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kitty on a Hot Tin Roof



Well, it's not really a tin roof, but I liked the sound of it. This was on of those drawings that just kept growing. At first I drew the boys looking out the window on a piece of watercolor paper - just intending to draw the kids, but then added the roof, and the tree, and last but not least, the dare-devil kitty and moon. Drawing this sort of thing without thumbnail sketches and planning usually spells disaster for me, but I'm actually happy with how this came out. What luck!

2 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Don't you just LOVE it when this kind of thing happens. The painting is wonderful and the whole idea is just so so so "Paige"

Kathleen Rietz said...

Sweet. I love it when an illustration just "births" itself in front of my very eyes! Love the pose of the kitty.