Monday, May 28, 2007

Make A Child Smile RAK (Randon Act of Kindness)


I recently joined a site for Artist Trading Cards. ATC's (as they're called) are small works of art created in trading card size, usually about two and a half inches by three and a half inches. These cards are often traded between artists, and upon further reading, I found out this idea was started by the impressionists. They would trade cards to study the other's technique. Anyways, through this site I found a program called Make A Child Smile
where three sick children are featured each week, and you can send them greeting cards to cheer them up. There are some wonderful photos of kids with big smiles on their faces surrounded by hundreds of colorful greeting cards. ATC had the clever idea of sending a regular card and also adding an original artist trading card. I'm going to participate in this, and invite you to as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -
How does the card trade thing work exactly? It sounds kind of interesting.
Shena (=

Ginger*:) said...

Thanks for the link to MACS, Paige. I''m in for the long haul.
*:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for the MACS link. Count me in and I'll add a link to my blog.

The Teaching Enthusiast said...

I just love looking at your work! You have great talent!

Paige Keiser said...

Hi Shena, I'm not sure how they work the card trading between artists exactly. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure there's info on the site.

Excellent Deb and Ginger! Thanks for participating!!

Thanks very much Writing Chef (cool online name by the way).