Thursday, October 01, 2009

Jay Asher's Blog and also Stitches by David Small

Jay Asher (if you don't already know) is the extremely talented author of Thirteen Reasons Why. He has a blog - read it! Great posts, videos and information about his award winning teen novel.

I'm headed to amazon.com to buy it myself.



In other news, I saw one of David Small's recent picture books in Barnes and Noble. This led me to his site to see what he was up to, which led me to information about his new release, Stiches. I don't want to give away too much, but it's a graphic novel, autobiographical, and NOT for kids. This is one for the adults. Let's just say I was so engrossed that I stopped hearing the bubbling of my fish tanks, the blaring fan of my space heater and I can't even remember turning pages. It is a work of art and something to behold. It felt less like reading and more like watching a film. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

One more thing--the whole book is dark and tragic. Be ready for a heavy heart after you've closed the back cover.

3 comments:

storyqueen said...

I read about David's book this summer, but I have not read the actual book yet. It is supposed to be very gripping.

Candace Trew Camling said...

David Small is from my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. They just had a huge piece on him last sunday in the Grand Rapids Press when I was home visiting!

Paige Keiser said...

Shelley: It's VERY gripping, yes!

Oh Candace you lucky gal! How neat. :0)