Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oops!





So I sent my manuscript and book dummy off to my 'dream publisher'/editor and THEN several days later discovered a style that would be perfect for the illustrations. The first was a bit more cartoonish than I wanted and may not quite fit their book list. SO - I'm actually going to finish a few more illustrations with the better style and send those to the publisher as well as an add-on. With all the mail they probably get I'll be surprised of the illustrations meet up with the rest of the package, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I'm not yet in a big hurry to send off to other publishers as I want to give this one a couple weeks - just in case. If I don't hear from them I'll submit to the others with new style illustrations and new cover.

The above image I fixed with PHOTOSHOP--thank you Photoshop for saving me hours of work redoing the whole thing. See, the father was leaning a bit too far over and threw the whole illustration off. I just didn't notice it for some reason until the paint went down. Isn't that so often the case? Grrrr!