Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Last One!


OK, I think I finally may have found a Raj character design that I am one hundred percent happy with. I tell you, I think I haven't slept well because I keep trying to figure this out in my mind. I've probably been drawing and sketching in my dreams as well - it's like a math problem I'm trying to solve. Tonight will be the first in a while that I will have restful sleep knowing that my work on the character design/style choice is done, and most importantly that I'm HAPPY with it. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to books I'm working on - even books that are little educational stories that most likely won't see the light of day much, I work overtime on those as well - probably whittling my hourly earnings down to minimum wage. But it's because I love to do it and would make books for free (shhhh don't tell anyone).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed watching your "Raj" character progression, Paige. I know what you mean concerning all you're trying to achieve. I was thinking though, if you're like me, I'll work to get the character down, get it, but once I put him in a setting, I find it another problem to make the setting match the character. It's always something, eh? Anyway, love what you're doing, girly!

cathyjune said...

Welcome Raj! He's very lovable!

Phyllis Harris said...

It's been so much fun watching you work on Raj and finalizing a character you are happy with.

All of this love and labor you put into this book will surely come back tenfold when a child falls in love with it just like you and I did with books when we were young.

roz said...

Thanks for sharing, Paige. It has been fun watching you develop Raj. He's adorable.

theartofpuro said...

he's wonderful,love it.
I totally agree with you,when you love your work even the littlest ones are important

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I love Raj! I didn't read what you wrote at first and I immediately though that was such a cute and interesting character Paige, you nailed it! :o)

June said...

He's Puuurrrrrfect :o)

Deb said...

Have been following along with your sketches and I think you totally nailed it! Really, really cute.

Ginger*:) said...

I love him. I want to hug him, he is wonderful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love him! His cuddly tiger stripes...his little legs and his big face! So adorable.
Thanks for sharing the Making of The Fabulous RAJ with us!

Teri