Monday, February 25, 2008

Calling All Children's Illustrators :-)


Since I often get emails from people who would like to break into the business of children's illustration, I'd like to make a compilation of tips from some of you experienced illustrators out there just for them. When I started out, I myself wrote other illustrators for advice and they were always happy to share their valuable insight into this challenging field. So.....drop me a line...paige dot keiser at gmail dot com (did it that way to beat out bot-email collectors), and share some tips, inspiration, do's and don'ts--whatever strikes your fancy. I'll of course post an image of your choice and a link to your blog or website, whichever you choose. I'll be placing a link to this post in my tool bar at the top of my blog. Let's give back a bit in the name of (in my case, the kind hearted and talented illustrator, Elaine Garvin--miss you Elaine....) someone who helped US out when we were greenhorns and wet behind the ears.

8 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Hi Paige, I think is awesome what you are doing here. I sent you an email earlier. Not that I have a huge career or anything he, he... but I wanted to add my 2 cents :o)

Ginger*:) said...

I'll be sending in one as well. I am so sorry about Elaine. Her work was wonderful.

Heather said...

Wonderful idea. I look forward to seeing those words of wisdom.

Paige Keiser said...

Yay! Thank you, thank you Ginger and Alicia! Glad you two are taking part!! :-)

Me too, Heather. :0D

Lisa said...

Great idea, Paige! I'll get back to you when I think of something useful to say!
~Lisa

Paige Keiser said...

Thanks Lisa! :-D

life without novacaine said...

wow, what a fantastic idea! I'd love to send you an email. Thank you for sharing. Love your website and your blog.

Tracy said...

I will be looking here for inspirational comments :) Thanks, this is a wonderful idea!