Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baby's Fishing For A Dream


Baby's fishing for a dream
Fishing near and far
Her line a silver moonbeam is
Her bait a silver star
--written by..?? anyone know?

This is a sketch of the illustration I'm doing for Julianna's room. I'll be visiting my little niece for the first time this Tuesday and I'm so excited!

After several weeks of painting and drawing without a break, I took a much needed creative vacation and spent some time cleaning out my studio. I haven't picked up a pencil for a while now and I feel so refreshed now that I'm back at my desk. Hard work is important, but so are breaks! This sketch was pure joy to work on, which usually means the painting process will be equally so.

5 comments:

Gina Perry said...

What a darling sketch - It shows that you enjoyed yourself! Can't wait to see the painting!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely image Paige, I hope you'll share the finished painting with us too!x

Ginger*:) said...

Hi Paige... it is by Kate Kiesler and you can find her book on Amazon.com. It is a beautifully illustrated book, but your illustrations are OVER THE MOON!
Congratulations Auntie Paige. Julianna is perfect! And what a lucky little angel to have Emily for a sister and Paige for an Auntie!

Ginger*:) said...

On Second thought...and those are important too....
Maybe Kate Kiesler just culled all those poems from various sources and set them into her book. I'll try to find out more. Loving YOUR illustration!

Phyllis Harris said...

I LOVE this! So sweet. Be sure you show us the color version, please.