Friday, May 25, 2007

My First Website







I don't remember how long ago this was - probably over ten years, but at one point I wanted to be a greeting card illustrator. I had read Mary Engelbreit's book and was filled with inspiration. So soon after, I put up my website (as unprofessional looking as one can possibly get lol). You can definitely see the heavy Mary Engelbreit influence here, but I sure did learn a good deal about design and composition. Beforehand, I knew nothing of those all important aspects of drawing. These were done in marker (which I developed an allergy to--smelly smelly smelly) and colored pencil.

I fell even more deeply in love with children's books before any of these were every published.

1 comment:

Anette Heiberg said...

How fun to see your old website. haha, your current website looks so much better. I've had some old websites similar to yours too, and I remember being very proud of what I had made back then.

Fun to hear that you can recognize yourself in a lot of the facts that I wrote about myself in my blog. I've seen "walk the line", and I really want to see it again soon.

Anette Heiberg
www.wynlen.no