Thursday, December 14, 2006

Need Imput From Fellow Children's Illustrators



My belief is that as soon as you begin expressing yourself through art, you're officially an artist. But it's not always that easy. I didn't really begin to FEEL like a real artist or illustrator until I achieved certain things in my career. I wasn't being overly critical of myself, it was actually a way for me to push myself to learn more.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because over the last few months, I've finally felt like I'm an honest to God children's illustrator. I've worked hard towards certain goals both professionally and draftsmanship-wise, and finally achieved them. This isn't to say I'm done putting my nose to the grindstone, but I've won my own little medal -- one that is more important to me than a Caldecott any day.

Anyways, I'd like to post a collection of quotes from other children's illustrators about the moment they realized or felt they were a true artist or illustrator. And if you still don't feel like you've achieved that yet (it took me quite a few years of hard work to feel it myself), then explain what your goals are to get there. I'll of course post your blog or regular site, along with your name and quote and a small sample image of your work. Please give me a good week to get it all together - Christmas time is a little busy. Send all quotes to: paige@paigekeiser.com

Include small jpeg sample of your work, your name and blog or website address.

Title your email: Illustrator Project!

Thanks! :0)

No comments: