Friday, October 13, 2006

I Must Have Missed the Memo..



Okay, I've been bouncing back and forth between cold press and hot press for years. I found the hot press had the smoothness I wanted, but was TOO smooth, which caused puddling with large washes. Cold press had the texture that I wanted, but was too rough (plus some publishers don't like scanning it). Of course all along, there was an in between paper that contained all I dreamed of, and I had no idea it existed. Thanks to my blogger buddies for recommending it, because it has changed my enjoyment of the creation process dramatically. I'm not fighting with the paper any more. I'm deeply in love with Fabriano Soft Press.

Two thumbs way up!

Fabriano

3 comments:

Disco Mermaids said...

You just described Reason #37 of Why it's Easier to be a Writer than an Illustrator.

Glad you found a way to make the creative process more enjoyable!

- Jay

Jelaine Faunce said...

Soft Press is indeed a dream come true.

Anonymous said...

Do you like the 140# or 300# weight?